Plokkers Global Forum

Welcome Friends and Families! Plokkers Rule!

SUPREME HAPPINESS CONSISTS IN SELF CONTENT ..........Jean Jacques Rousseau

Views: 11462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, I just read the article. All one needs do is read the last two sentences of the story. It'll NEVER happen in 10,000 lifetimes!
Turns out the story was completely false. The Daily Star is a piece of trash rag-mag! Should've known...
Here's the story:
http://www.undercover.fm/news/12723-false-steve-perry-journey-reuni...
Brain cancer survivor Mason Reid meets one of Journey's founding members Ross Valory with the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Bay Area's top rock n' roll radio station 107.7 THE BONE.

I am aware that the article is probably not true. But I still find it odd that Neal posted the comment below in his FB account out of nowhere and then this article came out. Hmmmm.

Neal Schon's FB Page:
"Neal Schon: ARNEL is the new KING... and we are set to conquer the world in the next 2 years just as we originally planned from the beginning...."
Where on earth have you been, Sinny?! I thought you completely abadoned us already! Welcome back, Sister! We missed you here. True . . . peks man.

Sinny423 said:
I am aware that the article is probably not true. But I still find it odd that Neal posted the comment below in his FB account out of nowhere and then this article came out. Hmmmm.

Neal Schon's FB Page:
"Neal Schon: ARNEL is the new KING... and we are set to conquer the world in the next 2 years just as we originally planned from the beginning...."
Thanks Steve for the clarification,but this guy still confused lol

JRNYMAN said:
Turns out the story was completely false. The Daily Star is a piece of trash rag-mag! Should've known...
Here's the story:

Ernie said:
Thanks Steve for the clarification,but this guy still confused lol

JRNYMAN said:
Here's the story:

That's freakin' funny!

Even if the story were true, and Perry begged to come back, the truth of the matter is he couldn't possibly bring to the table what Arnel does. Let's face it... Arnel does Steve Perry better than Steve Perry could possibly do Steve Perry! Besides that, the band's plans for the next 18-24 months are going to BLOW THE WORLD AWAY in terms of Journey's popularity, resurgence, and the milestones they are going to achieve. And leading them all the way is a 5'3" powerhouse of a singer whose dreams are about to come true ten-fold in comparison to what has already happened. It's going to be incredible, just watch and see!

MistyBlu said:
Yeah Sinny, where were you hiding, we missed you major, major, Peks man, LOL that was funny Kuya manong, ;)

ambassador2 said:
Where on earth have you been, Sinny?! I thought you completely abadoned us already! Welcome back, Sister! We missed you here. True . . . peks man.

Sinny423 said:

Neal Schon's FB Page:

Miss you too guys. LOL. You will see me more often, promise. :-)
I remembered Jonathan Cain saying that Journey is always an open door for Steve, but he also did say that he cold share the stage with Arnel if that happens. But there is also a fact the they have already in production with the next album with Arnel. This could be just a publicity stunt. I think Steve will not be able to do the touring with them anyways because of his hip injury history. Like before, Steve Perry only likes recording but hates touring. Let's see what happens.
I think here is the truth about this news. Read on.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/80s/content/big-journey-rumor-turns-o...
Shelby sings Don't Stop Believin' with JOURNEY keyboardist Jonathan Cain at the Bay Area's radio station 107.7 The Bone's "Radiothon for Make-A-Wish" November 12, 2010.

From Jonathan Cain's Official website (updated Nov. 6, 2010): http://www.jonathancain.com/index.htm

Much has happened to “where I live” since the last tour ended. Not only did we buy a house and move to Nashville, we had our California house on the market for 7 months. After living in that house on a hill for over 30 years--we moved all our stuff out of our Marin home. It finally sold in late September – the first home I ever purchased with my ex-wife Tane, a place I tied my horse, where I ran to lick my wounds after my divorce in 1987, where I courted and married my wife, of twenty two years, Liz It was the birth place of our three children, Madison, Weston and Liza, the grounds that all four of our dogs were buried—along with the countless hamsters and bunnies that came into our lives. I marveled when I looked at the empty house, how my Liz had re-decorated every square inch—the garden and pool looked like something out of Home and Garden when she was done with it. Nashville had been calling for seven years and our move there--felt like the right thing to do. After living there for over a year, leaving our Marin home for sale, there was only memories when I came back. We had moved on as a family. I was only there to wrap up the sale, hand over the keys and sign the papers. Seeing old friends at Starbucks I was asked how the family was and told how we were missed. We moved suddenly without a going away party. I confess it felt good to know they cared.

Before handing the house over to the new owners, I felt I had unfinished business. A vineyard on our hillside where pinot noir needed harvesting and Neal Schon wanted to come over to my studio to finish up some guitar parts for the new upcoming Journey album. I also downloaded my analog tapes onto digital formats that required baking tapes for sometimes as long as eight hours. It was strange being in the studio alone without Doc--my beloved tech who died last year of liver cancer. Doc Shaffer worked tirelessly for seventeen years not only for me but for Journey on countless projects. Before I went on the road we shared a bittersweet visit. I spent an afternoon with him at the hospital two days before he passed.

The Nashville move was tedious and it took several Mayflower truckloads to transport the layers of belongings and keepsakes we had accumulated over the years as a family to Tennessee. The part I procrastinated on and dreaded the most-- tearing the 1500 square foot recording studio apart I built back in 1991. It took weeks to sort through --but with the help of some friends and Brent Jeffers, my keyboard tech, I was successful in vacating Wildhorse Studio--a space that helped me create over nine CD’s and countless Journey projects—including writing material for the new album to be released next year, which Neal and I started-- back in late January this year.

Fittingly, Neal Schon came over to my studio in October to play some guitar on the new Journey album (due out next April) before I had the place taken apart. Pictured is the two of us on the last day of the recording session. As we hugged that afternoon, I got caught up in emotion recalling the memorable musical events that had taken place there. Not only did we crank out Neal’s Beyond the Thunder, and Soul Sirkus there—I recorded and mixed 8 solo albums—spanning genres from pop to jazz to new age. Elvin Bishop, Greg Allman, and yes-- even Steve Perry-- all sang there. This was the space that Neal and I put Journey back together in 1997. A clubhouse that we could create in Wildhorse proved to be a needed tool for us to continue to hone our sound.

In June, with Kevin Shirley at the helm as producer, the recording for the new Journey album began at Fantasy Studios over in Berkeley, where we did Escape and Frontiers. We laid down the basic tracks that Neal and I had created during the early part of 2010. It was inspiring being back in the studio we had so much success in the 80’s. Not much had changed except that the old console had been replaced by a newer SSL. The tracking went quickly as Neal and I brought in several new songs we demoed on the weekends at Wildhorse to add to the mix. The staff was friendly and helpful during the time we were there and I even got to see some Giants games right over the Bay Bridge at AT+T Park. A concept album--the new release is a departure from what we have done in the past. It has a hard-hitting rock edge with soul-searching lyrics. Arnel soars along with some of Neal’s best playing -- the band is solid as ever. I look forward to next spring when we will release it—probably at Walmart.

It has been nice to have the year off the road—giving me the time to accomplish the many tasks of moving. It felt like I’ve had one foot in California and the other in Nashville – wrapping of the sale of the house and creating the new Journey CD. Life in Nashville has been fun and productive. I started the year performing with my daughter, Madison at the ‘Blue Bird Café” where we shared the stage with other talented singer/songwriters. In the spring I was asked to be part of “Tin Pan South” a songwriter’s event that lasts for about a week. I was asked to be special guest performer as I kicked off the event at the Rutledge. ASCAP asked me to perform at the Hard Rock Café with Brett James and JD Souther, for a sold out crowd. It has been fun to attend the various events in Nashville, walking the red carpet with Madison at the CMA and CMT award shows. We recently attended the ASCAP award show where they honor songwriters who have had big songs played by famous country artists like Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley and others.

I will have my first official Nashville release on the upcoming Pure Country 2 soundtrack album, “I Found In You” a duet I sang and composed with Sara Darling and Jimmy Nichols (legendary keyboardist for Faith Hill and many others). Next spring another talented and pretty singer-songwriter, Lindsey Hagar will release a song I wrote with her titled “Skin Deep.”

Our daughter Madison has been singing at various charity events for ARF, NAMM and TJ Martel. She has been writing some terrific new songs here with an incredible pool of amazing writers. I have been fortunate to be part of a couple of them myself. Madison has a terrific manager,Scott Simon and has a new website, www.madisoncain.net. She is scheduled to go into the studio soon to record with famed producer Paul Worley who produced the Dixie Chicks and most recently Lady Antebelum.

Our other teen-agers Weston and Liza, the twins have taken to Nashville quite well. They love their new school and have made some great new friends. Weston spent a couple of weeks playing in the JAM program. Kids form bands and rehearse all week and perform a concert on Friday and Saturday nights. Wes also played drums at the NAMM show with Miles Schon and Madison for the Governor’s charity downtown. It was Father’s Day and I jammed with them on a version of Lovin Touchin’--incredible experience! Weston practices his drums daily in our new studio and is really getting quite good. Liza has been taking piano, guitar and voice lessons. She will probably end up playing and singing with her sister on the road…sound familiar?

My wine venture, delaCain has been making some noise in the Nashville market. I partnered up with Horizon Wine and Spirits and have had wine socials. I have personally gone around meeting wine shop owners and to let them taste our wines. Once my partner, Dennis DeLaMontanya wraps up his harvest we will blend and bottle our 2008 Napa cabernet from Atlas Peak in a couple of weeks. Chanconne, our pinot noir, will also be blended and bottled.

I might have sold my house but not my heart. Wes and I recently went out to the World Series in San Francisco at AT+T Park. It was on my bucket list and to be in the stands while the Giants clobbered the Texas Rangers was awesome. The PA was cranked and the orange and black was flowing everywhere you looked. I got to say hello to my friend, Brian Murphy from Murph and Mack on KNBR, the sports station in the Bay Area. Finally, I believe I finished my memoir I have been working on for the last four years. “Mixed Blessings” is a coming of age story set in the Italian neighborhood where I grew up in Chicago back in the Fifties. I hope to find a publisher soon.

All of us look forward to next year—a tour that spans South America, Europe, The States and Asia. Plans are to begin in April. See you all then!

Regards,
Jonathan Cain

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

Liza Diaz Marcelino is now a member of Plokkers Global Forum
Sunday
Hector Smith posted a discussion
Jun 27
Hector Smith is now a member of Plokkers Global Forum
Jun 27